Sunday, August 1, 2010

I Made It ThroughThe Last 2 Weeks

The last 2 full weeks actually started with my last cake posted. This cake:
But since then I made this cake.
It was a lot more bold and flashy than any other cake I have done. The bride came with this cake drawn up exactly how she wanted it. This was it. We Carrie, sister of the bride came to pick it up she told me it was "very Hayley" (the bride). I was worried, like I am with every cake, until I hear what the bride says about it. When the mother of the bride dropped off the cake stand she said "Hayley told me to tell you that she LOVED it, and that is was exactly what she wanted". Hooray and what a relief.


The next cake project was to make a birthday cake for Randy's grandma who would be celebrating her 85th birthday and sheet cakes to feed 150 family members who would be attending the family reunion when the birthday would be celebrated.

This was the birthday cake and the sheet cakes to match.
At this moment Grandma was saying "I feel like Miss America"!

We had a WONDERFUL Reunion. It must have been the best reunion we have attended. There were so many memories created that Randy and I will never forget. Grandma and Grandpa Black are so special to us. They are perfect examples of the joys that come from hard work and living the gospel. They never hesitate to express their testimonies to their family. We love them so much and are so grateful for them.

When we got home I got crackin' on my next two cakes. The first was Randy's cousin Natalie's wedding cake. This is it!Then, my most detailed cake and the cake I felt the most pressure for perfection for. The bride gave me a page from the Martha Stewart Weddings magazine and said " I want this exact cake". Yikes! But I must say it is pretty close to Martha's!

For the last 2 weeks I must say my house smelled really good. Like a bakeshop! And I had a few people tell me so. But now it is on to packing and moving everything to AZ in 4 days. I think maybe someday things will settle down, until then we will "just keep swimming"!

We did take a few minutes tonight to enjoy the gorgeous sunset!

8:35pm
8:40pm
8:45 pm

3 comments:

MiriamR said...

Those cakes are AMAZING! I love the martha stewart one. Oh and I love how the sheet cake is even gorgeous. I am so glad your month was successful now onto the next thing :)

Matt and Suzanne said...

You do such a wonderful job! I love your work. I can't believe what a supermom you are!!! Good luck with the moving, hope all goes well! Loves!

Anonymous said...

Hope the next adventure goes well for you. Sounds like you are a busy woman!