Thanksgiving Day
This year was the first time we were away from our wonderful families for Thanksgiving. We missed them a lot. But spending special time with our sweet little family was wonderful. There were a few things that I loved about Thanksgiving Dinner by ourselves. Dinner was quiet and sweet. We didn't have to stand in a line and wait to dish up. I learned to make a few new dishes and we get to eat all the left overs (and there are a lot of them). Now I have to gloat a little for being totally awesome- kidding, but seriously. I made my first turkey and it turned out beautiful and delicious. I made pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin and it was very yummy and I had extra filling so I made pumpkin bread which is super good. I made mashed potatoes and candied yams for scratch too so I am feeling pretty domestic and super happy no one got sick from food poisoning :)
Randy's first time carving a turkey
This year was the first time we were away from our wonderful families for Thanksgiving. We missed them a lot. But spending special time with our sweet little family was wonderful. There were a few things that I loved about Thanksgiving Dinner by ourselves. Dinner was quiet and sweet. We didn't have to stand in a line and wait to dish up. I learned to make a few new dishes and we get to eat all the left overs (and there are a lot of them). Now I have to gloat a little for being totally awesome- kidding, but seriously. I made my first turkey and it turned out beautiful and delicious. I made pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin and it was very yummy and I had extra filling so I made pumpkin bread which is super good. I made mashed potatoes and candied yams for scratch too so I am feeling pretty domestic and super happy no one got sick from food poisoning :)
Thanksgiving Evening
After dinner we went to the park and road bikes and roller blades, fed the ducks and played at the playground. Jacob was sleeping in the stroller the entire time, he's such a good boy!The Day after Thanksgiving- Tree Lighting at the Mesa Temple
We had a long tube that came inside our new rug and Randy had the brilliant idea to make a castle. So we made this castle this afternoon . Randy made the spires and he made a boat for the pond and a slide. I was in charge of the decor inside and out.



2 comments:
I wish I could do thanksgiving just at our house. We did last year and it was great and relaxing. I love your turkey dinner!
I LOVE that castle! You guys are geniuses!! And you guys are all so cute and look really happy!
Post a Comment