Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sweet Pea Baby Shower Cake #2


I made this cake for the first time in April and had an order for last weekend. I made a few small changes. I added bright pink flowers and tiny green ones too, but it is basically the same. This is still one of my favorite cakes.

Last week and lady called and asked if I would be willing to ship a cake to her daughter's birthday to Pittsburgh. I was surprised and replied with " I have no idea how I could do that." She wanted the veggie garden cake- Her daughter is an avid gardener and health food enthusiast. After calling many different Postal Service companies (Everyone of them said it is possible, but they don't guarantee it will arrive in one piece-comforting huh) we decided that her daughters husband would bake the actual cake and I would make the candy veggies and the mother would ship them to her daughter in Pittsburgh. This is my second out of state request. It feels good.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

I would love for you to come to my shower when I have one-I will let you know. And yes, a cake would be fantastic. I wanted to ask you about making a cake in January for my Mother in Law's Birthday. How much notice do you need for your orders?

Matt and Suzanne said...

WOW! Pretty neat. Maybe you could do a cake for me here in oaky land. Ha! :)

Laura J said...

You are so talented! Your cakes are gorgeous. Thanks for the cupcake, my entire family thought it was so cute!