Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Our Little Madilyn has a Broken Leg


Madilyn hurt her "knee" on Dec. 26. She refused to walk on it and cries. Sunday, we had an x-ray done on her knee with good results of No broken bones. They told me that if she still wouldn't put weight on it Monday to take her in to her regular pediatrician. So we took her in Monday and she let him move her knee all around with no problem. Then he touched her shin. And she pushed his hand away really fast and began to cry. So we had another x-ray done on her shin. Still the x-ray showed no sign of a break. The Doctor told me to bring her back to the office and he made her this little temp. cast and explained that with the pain she is in to is a toddlers fracture. The break is very small but very painful and they don't normally show up on x-rays until about 10 days later and you can see where the bone is starting to heal. She is in a lot of pain and doesn't like where the cast. Her body is a little achy from laying around all the time. She does well with the pain when she has something to take her mind off of it. But nights are aweful. She rolls and cries in pain all night. I hope it will get better soon.

8 comments:

tjandalisha said...

Good luck with her, Kembrie broke her arm in August and had to have surgery I know what you are going threw, SORRY

Cothran Family said...

Poor baby girl! I hope she gets better soon! Hang in there. Hope you had a good Christmas.

Joel and Michelle said...

Bummer, I hope she starts feeling better soon. Luckily it was after Christmas though. :)

Stott Family said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry about your little one. I sure hope she feels better soon!

The Starkers said...

I hope she is feeling better!!

Mr. Winfree said...

She looks so sad in those photos. Poor thing! Give her lots of hugs and kisses from us!

MiriamR said...

oh that is so sad. Hope she gets better soon and can run around again.

Matt and Suzanne said...

That is so sad!!! It's so hard for these little ones not to move around. I hope her recovery is quick!