We are in Arizona. We are enjoying the warm weather, playing at the park and swimming in our pool right in our backyard and the girls are loving having neighbors. And we walk to church with our little family and it only takes about 3 minutes. I don't know how many of you knew but for the last 3 1/2 years we have been on-site managers for some business and storage units in Orem. It was a great opportunity and we are able to save for school and we learned so much. But on the other hand we had NO Neighbors, and were more than a mile away from the majority of our ward, and we had a tiny little yard. So there are lots of reasons that we are loving Arizona. Arizona is much different than Utah in the fact that of the 100 apartments only 5 of them are Church members. All of the little friends the girls have met are not members which have given us already a lot of teaching moments. I lost my diaper bag at the grocery store two nights ago and it was taken and not turned into the lost and found. I know things like this happen in Utah too but my only experience with loosing something in Utah was my nice new digital camera that was turned in to the lost and found and back in my hands that same day. It has been a lot of work canceling cards, filing a police report, getting a new drivers license, and working on replacing the diaper bag and equipment. It has been a mess!
Anyway- Here is a little update on our family.
Randy is 2 weeks away from finals for his first of six trimesters of his MBA program at Arizona State University. He is doing very well and is really liking his classes, classmates and instructors.
We actually see Randy a lot more than I was planning on seeing him, so we are really Happy to have him around. Especially since we hadn't seen him for 28 days. We missed him so much and he is so good to us. When we arrived he had our whole house unpacked and organized and so clean. He made things so easy for us after such a long drive.
Chelsey is loving being a full time Mom. Now that I am finally in my own home, and it is now organized and mostly decorated, I am feeling good and have in the last week been so much more patient, kind and fun. I feel like I am anyway. After the last two months of madness with moving, Randy starting school in AZ by himself, canning food from our garden while 9 months pregnant, making a wedding cake, having a baby, taking care of a newborn and so on. I am sure there are others who would have been so much more patient and kind than I was. But we made it through and we are here and happy. I am thinking about getting the CAKE word out around the area to maybe pick up a few cakes to help out a little, but nothing to make me real busy. This is my dining room. Randy painted and farnished the table and all 8 chairs.They are beautiful. Madilyn is Reading. She has read almost an entire Dick and Jane book. It has 32 pages and has a surprising amount of words. The last page has 28 words. She is doing very well and is LOVING it. She is getting better with sharing and takes really good care of Norah and Jacob. She is a really good friend, and is a great example. She is the Modesty queen and with her new friends she has been asking a lot of questions about why her friends do things different. Today, after talking about modest again, she said to her little friend who was dressed in a halter top, " I decide to wear this cute modest pink dress today. I think everyone should dress modest." Her friend had probably never heard that word. She just smiled and looked a little confused. But she said it so nice and loves her friends just the same. We recently cut her hair (11 inches). She was really excited to send to Locks of Love.
Norah is a sweetie pie. She loves her little brother. She is always the first to answer his cry, and tell me that the baby needs help. She is good to help mom with wrapping up Jacob and giving him his binky. She gives Jacob a thousand hugs and kisses a day. She loves having a play ground and the freedom to ride bikes with her sister on the little sidewalks that wind through all of the apartments. It has been a lot of fun. She is such a beautiful little sweetheart. Jacob was crying on the way home from the store and she was saying to him " its alright, baby, you will be alright, sweetie." We love our sweet girl.
Jacob is 6 weeks old tomorrow and is as sweet as can be. If you haven't seen the video I put on facebook of him smiling you will want to. It is very cute. He is on a 3 hour feeding schedule, it has been fabulous, it is the only way to go. He has the last week slept 4 and 5 hour increments a few of the nights. He is a really good baby. he is very alert- he loves to be held outward sitting on your hand and likes to look at mirrors and faces. But he Loves to be outside, we will often go for a walk when he is having a hard time. He is so much fun. We had his baby blessing on Sunday. It was great. Randy's parents were able to stay for it. We love our sweet Jacob!
We are so grateful for our parents, siblings and friends for everything you have done for us. We love you so much and appreciate all you have done for us.
8 years ago



3 comments:
Yay I am so glad you guys are settling and loving the area. I started to get my patience back just last week when Jamison started sleeping for 5 hours straight. I have to admit it has been harder for me to adjust with 3 kids than it was with two. Probably because there are 2 parents and not three :) Anyway Jacob is a cutie!!
OH how wonderful to be out and away from the famous Alamo! I remember too well the day I could read a story, nurse a baby or fix a meal without someone walking into my house. And the neighbors! So much fun. You did a good job there and I wish you guys well in the future. School will end as well! Hang in there and your babies are as beautiful as ever!
cute house chels. well, the table looks great!
i miss you guys. and hope we can come visit soon.
love you.
Post a Comment