Friday, January 2, 2009

Chocolate Cake

I made this cake for the New Years Party. This was my first ever experience making a fondant cake and it was also the first time I have use gum paste to make flowers. I made pink flowers and hand painted the middle a darker pink then did the white dots in the center.I was pretty happy with the results. I will be making a bigger version of this cake for a baby shower 3 weeks from now. Hopefully it will work out.

I had a few extra flowers, so Madilyn wear them as rings and earring (You stick them on with frosting). Thanks for the idea Aunt Jerene. She loved it.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a pretty cake! :) Did it take forever? It's so fun to hear about your cute family. :)

Amy Baker said...

Beautiful cake. I love it!

Jeanette said...

You did an amazing job! I love the earrings and ring, too. Claire would go nuts for that :)

Stott Family said...

Yum. That brings back memories of my mom making those kids of cakes when I was little. You'll have to take a picture of the next one you make too.

Kellie said...

You are so talented. I really hope that you are considering starting your own business.

Rachel said...

You are so extremely creative and talented! I'm sad that I didn't get to see you at the girls lunch the other week. We haven't seen you guys for so long. I love your hair and I love your family pictures!

MiriamR said...

Such a beautiful cake!! You should do wedding cakes. The colors turned our really well they go together nicely