MADILYN
Madilyn had her first day of Kindergarten. She was very brave. I told her that I was going to be lonesome for my Madilyn while she was at school and she said "I'll be missin' you too Mom". She was excited to go, she had a great day. She was excited to come home and tell us all about it. Her teacher is great.I asked her, "Madilyn do you like school, really like school or Love school?" "I love school", she said. I asked her what she loves about it. She gave me a list: I love my classroom, my teacher, my table, my friends, the cafeteria, the library, my playground and on and on. Madilyn's teacher just referred her as a gifted learner and will be doing tests to see if she could do so special advanced classes. She is reading at a second grade level and can count to 120 (including visually recognizing the numbers and can add quite well. They start the testing early Sept. So we will see how that goes.
NORAH
Norah is as busy as ever. She get hurt so much, mostly because holding still is NO FUN. I am doing Joy school with her soon. Up til then I will be doing her special homework with her. Teaching recognition of numbers and letters with flash cards and workbooks. She loves it. She knows all of her letter sounds but doesn't recognize the letters to well yet. After dropping Madilyn off the first day of school, the first thing she wants to do when she gets home is homework. She is a fast learner. She is a great helper. Every time I start filling the sink up to wash dishes, she is running to grab the stool so she can help me.
JACOB
Jake is almost running now. He turns 1 year in 2 1/2 weeks. That was the fastest year so far. He is so much fun. He loves the dishwasher and the toilet water. I just gave him his second haircut (2 inches off the top and trim the sides). He's so handsome. After the girls are in bed I get to have some special play time together. I crawl around the house and hide and he finds me, laughs a lot and gives me loves. And we do it over and over until he is warn out. Then we snuggle and get ready for bed. I love having a boy. I really didn't know I could love it so much. He is a great blessing to our family. Birthday party and 1 year old pictures coming up.
CHELSEY
I joined to PTA and became the Vice President after 1 meeting. Then the President resigned the next day so I am the temporary President. This will hopefully be past on to someone who knows something about PTA soon. Meeting tomorrow: We'll see how it goes :) I will be teaching Norah (with other moms) Joy school. I am excited about that. I recently got a bunch of plums on sale and made fabulous plum jam. And I bought more Blueberries to make more blueberry pie. I had my 27th Birthday! I have been feeling, I don't know, like I am old. Well Randy helped take care of that. For my birthday we went to a water park, just the two of us. And we had a glorious time. We hiked over 1000 stairs, hauling tubes. We booked it up the stairs most of the time, so I thought, you are only as old as you feel. And I feel Young! I had a great birthday, great gifts, did some clothes shopping, surprise party with delicious cake and great games with great friends. Randy thanks for making me feel so loved. I have been feeling super crafty lately. Making pom poms and wreath, chore charts, curtains and party decor. Soon to make couch pillows and lamp shade. We are all really excited for my parents to visit in a few weeks. I haven't seen them for nearly a year.
My BIRTHDAY
Dinner Rand made for me!
RANDY
Randy just started his last year of his Masters Program at ASU. Nine months to go. Then who knows where we'll go.He had a summer internship but is glad to get back in to school. He is a great dad. The kids and I just love him so much. He is so great to keep the home a happy place. We are so grateful to be here. We have had so many great experiences.
KEEPING COOL IN AZ
OUR NATURE WALK-Papago Park Area
LIBRARY FUN
Ronald McDonald came to the final storytime at the library. I was very impressed. I really thought it was not going to be good. But It was great, he did some magic and lots of silly things and the kids had so much fun.
CHELSEY'S PROJECTS
CAMPING and FISHING at WOODS CANYON LAKE- Aug 2011
We love you all, thanks for visiting our blog!
8 years ago



4 comments:
Awesome! You guys have been so busy! You kids are adorable! And your right you are only as old as you feel. I still feel super young! Especially because I am so young with such little children, that makes me feel young :) Happy Birthday! I can't believe you guys are almost done there! Time flies so fast!
Wow so many fun things! Your girls look so much alike! How exciting for Madilyn to start kindergarten! Happy late birthday, glad you enjoyed your day!
Wow it feels great to get such a good update on your kids. I can't believe Madilyn is in kindergarten, crazy! Glad you had such a fun birthday, all of your crafts are so fun. I bet that PTA board will LOVE you! :)
WOW this was a super post. I need to do one of these to "catch up" on my blogging. I am so far behind. I love to see what is new with you. You should get more minutes in the week so I can call you. My weekends seem to be so full that I don't think about it much. Are you going to Utah for Christmas? I can't remember. you may have already told me.
Post a Comment