Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our Pioneer Day Celebration

We had a really fun family night. We went a park and talked about a pioneer ancestor and played games that pioneer children played! We had so much fun. Even the little kids were having so much fun with the games.

We went to the zoo on the 24th. It was busy and hot, but we all had a great time. Madilyn says her favorite animals were the giraffes and the zebras. Every time I have been the the zoo all of the animals were sleeping or just standing there. This year we say the penguins swimming and the elephants were spraying water and throwing mud on themselves to cool down. It was fun to see some of them doing something for a change! The girls were exhausted and slept the whole way home. Look at the picture the giraffes back- it has a heart shape on it. Norah liked the monkeys- she was laughing at them and she like the bunnies too.

The night of the 24th Randy and I went to the Collin Raye and Restless Heart Concert. It was really good. I love Collin Raye's music. We thought ity was a great concert. Collin Raye is very energetic for an older guy. And he sings just as good as he ever did. He ended with "Love, Me"- my favorite. My mom and I used to listen to that song and sing it in the car. It was so great to have a date with Rand. Thank you so much MOM for watching the girls for us!

We hope everyone had a great Pioneer Day!

6 comments:

MiriamR said...

What a fun day! I am glad you guys got a date. I think we need to do that too. I love the pictures from the zoo!!

Jobi Niu said...

What a fun 24th.. CUTE PICTURES. Your girls are growing up SOO FAST! They're so dang cute! I like Collin Raye too. Fun.

laura said...

love the giraffe heart!

The Starkers said...

Too bad, we missed out on going to the zoo with you guys!! Emery loves the zoo, but we plan on going this fall when it cools down. And, I love the picture of Madilyn laying next to all of her toys lined up!! So, cute!! That's totally what Emery does too.

Amy Baker said...

Cute pictures of you Pioneer Day activities. And yea for Colin Rae. I love his music, and "Love Me" would be my favorite song of his too. Glad you could get out with out the girls to have a fun date.

The Starkers said...

Edyn is 9 months old. She turns 1 October 10th. And, I am planning on a cupcake theme. A simple cupcake looking cake would be cute. I get too stressed making it myself like I did making Emery's cake so if you have any ideas for making one let me know. Edyn is getting so big, she is quite a bit bigger than Emery was for sure. She is 45 percent for weight, but 94 percent for height, so she is super tall. She still looks a bit chunky though. Anyway, if we plan on going to the zoo for sure I will let you know! We went in May and Emery had alot of fun and still talks about it.