Monday, November 10, 2008

A Successful 36 Hours

Potty Training:

I read a book called "potty training in less than a day." Well, It didn't happen in less than a day but I have been very happy with how things are going. We started training Saturday (day 1) right when she woke up. Randy and Madilyn spent the day at his Mom's house so I could have one-on-one with Madilyn. It help so much. Thanks Rand! Madilyn is doing great. Sunday Madilyn and I stayed home from church. The girls have had there first cold of the season (yucky noses). She is getting quite comfortable with the whole thing and can control her body very well. Today is Monday(day 3), she woke up this morning dry(I know, amazing!) She has taken three naps and woken up dry also. Today she has had one pair of (barely)wet panties and she finished going in the potty. That was this morning at 10. That is exactly one accident in 24 hours. We are so proud of her. We just hope things continue to go great.

Binky Winging:
Norah has used her binky for naps and night pretty much since she was born. Well, she is almost 8 months old and we've been thinking for a while that we need to get rid of that binky. Well, Wednesday (I think), I lost her binky and didn't realize it until it was nap time. So, I decided this was a great opportunity to wing her off of it. I swaddled her (I know still swaddling at 8 months, she'll probably be 3 feet tall when we stop :) hehe). Then I sang a primary song to her, laid her down and she sleep one of her longest naps ever. She seems to sleep deeper without her binky. Hurray!
I am grateful for how easy and successful things have gone this last week. It is a great relief.

6 comments:

Daniel and Savannah Jensen said...

I wish we had as much luck potty training our puppy in the beginning! I was sick Sat and Sun too! Hope you are all better though! When are we going to get serious about dinner and games?

Kalli said...

I'm glad things went well for you! Your so lucky she sits on a potty her size....Ethan refuses so I still have to help a lot when he needs to go.

Mr. Winfree said...

This picture Madilyn looks so much like Randy when he was little. Too cute! When Caleb was being potty trained he told people he was "on the potty train!" Yay for being done with diapers (at least for her!)

Jeanette said...

Wow! I'm glad things have gone so easily for you! I hope things continue like this for you! I love it when they are potty trained!!

Stott Family said...

Binki Weaning is no fun but sounds like she's going to do it well. So, what the author of that book?!

Cothran Family said...

I wonder how many babies have been trained at Alamo? We had one. Good job, that is the hardest thing about being a mama ever! Your place looked amazing when I was there last. You have done such a good job.