
I made this last night for my nephew's (Tyler) Birthday. he is turning 3 and is CRAZY about Dinosaurs. I hope he like it! The volcano is rice crispy treats with fondant on top. The lava is royal icing. The water fall is blue fondant with royal icing on top. The grass is royal frosting as well. I loved making this cake. BTW: This is not the finished project. The volcano has a whole in the top for some "dry ice smockin'". It is going to be awesome!
We didn't figure out until after we took the volcano off and cut up the cake that you get the best fog with small chunks of dry ice and warm water. I had been using dry ice chunks and crumbs and cold water. But Tyler was excited anyway. He was really excited. When he popped off the Dinosaurs it left some dinosaur foot prints. it actually looked pretty cool.
8 years ago



1 comments:
Chels - I LOVE IT! Tyler will be crazy about it. Thanks for putting so much time and thought into this cake!
Post a Comment