Sunday, August 3, 2008

Madilyn Can Spell Her Name

Madilyn is 25 months. I made up a song for her to learn how to spell her name. It is to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle, little star. It goes like this; M-A-D-I-L-Y-N, that's my name it spells Madilyn. We were at the Doctor for Norah on Thursday and I was singing the song to her and I asked her if she could sing it to me. And she did, PERFECTLY. She loved the praise that she got for her accomplishment. We called Daddy and her Grandma's and she sung them the song too. It was very exciting. Madilyn, by her second birthday could count to 13, sing her ABC's, She know all of her capital letters, all her shapes (including pentagon and octagon). She knows the name and sound of most every animal. Last week she recited all of the words from Dr. Suess' The Foot Book and Hands, Hands, Fingers Thumb. We think she is pretty smart. I love this age. Their minds are moving at a million miles an hour trying to learn everything.

You might want to turn up the volume on this cute video.

3 comments:

Lorina said...

Cute! I make up songs kinda like for Brooklyn.. I sing all day long it seems like.. haha

I am so bummed that I missed the bbq.. but another day. Looks like it was fun though.

Shari and Trent said...

Hey, I got your message and I was going to call you back but never got around to doing it so we still need to get together. I will try to call you this week sometime. I have a class to go to on Thursday and Friday but hopefully can call you sooner.

Chris and Paula said...

She must get all her smartness from her Aunt Paula! j/k Can't wait to see your kids again. Norah laughing was really cute, too.