Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

We spent the 4th of July holiday at the Black's cabin in Monroe with the Taggart Family(Robbie and Julie and their kids Lydia and Emerson). We slept in Monroe and did most of the fun stuff in Richfield. It's just a few minutes away. We had some unexpected events happen, but we had a great time.


The Richfield Parade

July 4th
The Parade was fun. Madilyn loved picking up the candy and watching the horses go by.

Norah liked holding the streamers mom made.


Unexpected Event #1

We were watching this float go by. One kid is in this spinning thing, two kids are spinning him and then there is the kid standing there with his hand over his mouth. We thought he was just being funny. But about 10 ft after he passed us he threw up. Sick! I didn't see it but Randy said he just wiped off his mouth and continued on.

Unexpected Event #2

After the parade we brought the kids back to the cabin to let them nap. Unsuccessful! After a while we were going to go back to Richfield for the fish grab. They fill up large pools with water then dump a truck load of fish in the pools for the kids to catch. But we forgot our camera just after we headed out. We ran back to get it and Rand decided to park on the road an quickly run in to get it. He slipped on the gravel behind the car and hit his chin on the curb and cut up his elbow and bruised up his side. After I bandaged him up we headed to the park. Needless to say we missed the fish grab, but we did have lunch... after the guys went to buy bread because I forgot to pack it with the rest of our lunch.

Poor RandyHis chin swelled quite a bit


Madilyn played in the water when the fish grab was over.


Emerson stuck both of his hands in the fruit dip. Guilty!

The two girls had fun playing on the play ground.

Madilyn


Lydia



Unexpected Event #3

Sparklers

Evening of the 4thMadilyn was a little sceptical about the sparklers but quickly loved them. She was holding one all by herself and was being very careful with the fire. But the fire went out and I guess she thought it wasn't hot anymore because she pinched it. We ran it under cold water then bandaged her up.

Mads showing mom her bandaids on her thumb and pointer finger

Robbie, Lydia, and Julie


After the kids were in bed the adults had some fun acting like kids. Thanks to Robbie for coordinating our sweet moves.

5th of July

Norah was all Smiles when she woke up. She had her first 12 hour night. Hurray! After she stretches for about five minutes she smiles and smiles until she realises she is hungry.

Swimming

We spent some of Saturday at the Richfield swimming pool. We had fun even Norah seemed to be okay with the temp of the pool. Madilyn loved trying to run in the water with the waves about knocking her over. Julie is awesome on the diving board and Lydia was brave to go down the slide.

It was a fun trip dispite the few events that surprised us. We hope you had a happy 4th of July too.

5 comments:

Julie Neal said...

Very Cute pictures!! I love the
4th of July! And YES... we are expecting. I am 13 weeks now... I havent made it public yet... but I am going to when we get back from Hawaii in 2 weeks... I cant wait to have a little one of my own... :) And I want a girl too.... So Emery can have a girl cousin to be mean to. haha! I love girls!

Chris and Paula said...

Despite all the mishaps, it looks like you had a blast! Great pics as usual, Chelsey.

Kristen said...

What a fun weekend! It doesn't matter how much you plan, you always have to bring bandaids just in case because you never know what will happen :). That's sad Madilyn burned her little fingers. No fun!

Lindsey Porter said...

happy 4th of july! everything looks and sounds so fun. minus the unfortunate slip and fall and scrapes and stuff. looks like a blast though. the girls look so cute!

Wendy said...

Hey,
sounds like you had one crazy 4th. But a fun one right?! I need your email address...so email me at
wdrowlette@gmail.com
k- thanks bye
cute pics. cute kids. cute family.
Love ya!
-W