Monday, July 28, 2008

Time out!

This is my sweet little Madilyn. She is in time out. She decided to color all over the wall in the dining room today with her purple crayon. She sat in the corner on her knees with her arms folded. It worked really well. She only turned around twice in that two minutes and that was to smile at her mom. Straight faced, I asked her to turn around and she did. As soon as she couldn't see me I let out the smile I had been holding back. When the two minutes were up I walked her to her project and explained that we never write on walls, only on paper. I asked her, "Are you
going to write on wall anymore?" "No I'm not," she said. A hug and kiss, then it's clean up time. In case you didn't know dishwasher detergent pellets on a damp washcloth clean up crayon nicely.

2 comments:

Lorina said...

Time out. My daughter some days lives in the corner!! haha just kidding. But really.. It's nice that it works to help them understand what they did was wrong without spanking.

BTW: That picture is cute. I know I should say that but it is.

Kristen said...

It's so hard being the diciplinarian sometimes and having to keep a straight face. Even when they get into trouble, kids can still be so funny and cute. :)